Diagnostic EngineerBluefield, Virginia
Support the Diagnostic team in all phases and aspects of daily operation including but not limited to development and support of systems to monitor and control conveyor systems.
- Assist in the research and development programs to meet organizational needs and to capitalize on potential new products.
- Coordinate with others to assist in design, manufacture, improvement, and testing of conveyor diagnostics products and services.
- Utilize NDT and diagnostic equipment in an industrial /mining environment for analysis and comprehensive reporting.
- Evaluate design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements.
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation of diagnostic systems to ensure conformity to standards and customer requirements.
- Provide installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, and technical support of diagnostics equipment in an industrial/mining environment.
- Conduct technical training on conveyor diagnostic equipment to internal personnel and end users.
- Ensure that all work complies with appropriate legislation, risk assessed, safe and cost effective.
- As appropriate, solicit new businesses and provide sales leads to appropriate department(s).
- Work safely at all times, and ensures that those around you do the same, both internally and externally, ensuring a strong safety culture throughout the workforce.
- Support sales and marketing as required in the application of Diagnostic equipment.
- Support other FDECS divisions on technical projects and issue resolution within field of expertise as directed,
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Diagnostics.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in relevant technical field or be evaluated for equivalence.
- One to Two years experience in relevant technical field.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Two to Five years experience in Mining, Conveyor, NDT, or Electrical Industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical Skills
- Budget Development
- MSHA Certification
- Electrical Skills
- Drafting & Design
- Problem Solving
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on a daily basis
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, and/or holidays
- Must possess driver's license
- Visual acuity (color, depth, field of vision)
- Travel of >25% including international
- Exposure to hazards (e.g., mechanical, electrical, chemical, gases, etc.)
- Work in varying atmosphere conditions (e.g. fumes, dusts, gases, etc.)
- Work in varying physical conditions (e.g., noise humidity, vibration, weather changes, etc.)
- Competitive Benefits Package offered to all Employees (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- 401k Match of 6% of salary
- Paid Vacation
- Company Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement
If interested in this career opportunity, please apply here.