Operator BLavonia, Georgia
The primary responsibility of this position is to prepare and operate the equipment to produce woven fabric.
- Identify the different types, ply and denier of yarns used to supply the creel and filling yarns for manufacturing fabric.
- Patrol work area to identify defects in yarn / fabric quality through visual inspection and make repairs as necessary.
- Use proper weaving, creeling, set up, and splicing procedures utilizing air/wrap splicers and/or power industrial truck and overhead crane.
- Record and report production related data in Epicor.
- Use proper flagging procedures for mechanical issues, communicate any malfunctions with affected co-workers.
- Use proper Lockout Tagout procedures during any activity such as repairing, adjusting, lubricating or cleaning equipment.
- Determine the layout of the creel and number of ends needed per scheduled order. Correctly draw harnesses, reeds, T-bars and guide boards to maintain a straight warp.
- Measure, count, and record width, crimp, and picks using a tape measure and alert Production Facilitator of any out-of-spec conditions. Also, alert Production Facilitator when the roll of fabric is at the scheduled footage. Complete paperwork for proper identification for the next process.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with 5S procedure, rules, and regulations. Stage works area for the organization of proper materials needed during the shift.
- Use proper waste handling procedures so that at the end of the shift supplies are accurately in order for the following shift.
- Perform any other task deemed necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Work Ready Certificate
- Previous weaving experience
- Competitive Benefits Package offered to all Employees (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- 401k match of 6% of salary
- Paid Vacation
- Company Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- Paid Uniforms and Safety Shoes
If interested in this career opportunity, please apply here.