rEscan 24/7 - rEscan can now scan the belting every revolution on fixed speed or variable speed belts through the rEscan 24/7 system. rEscan 24/7 provides the ability to alert users at the instant any significant cord damage or splice damage is detected. In addition a PLC interface gives user the ability to stop the belting at any selected splice, detected cord damage or belt length location and to position the belt wherever required.
rEscan 24/7 also has the capabilities to become a Splice Monitoring System for fabric belting. The Splice Monitoring System (SMS) can remotely measure splice elongation and therefore help prevent splice failure in fabric belting. The SMS system works by imbedding small targets into the belting at a set distance on either side of each splice. The SMS system monitors these distances each time a splice passes its 'sense' transducer.
rEscan 24/7 Feature/Benefits
- Steel Cable Splice and Belt Monitoring- The rEscan 24/7 constantly monitors every part of the steel cable belt for any changes from the learned cycle. If a splice changes, a cord condition changes or failure starts to occur the rEscan 24/7 will alert the client.
- Email/Belt Stop Capabilities - rEscan 24/7 has the capability to email the client whenever an event, splice change or setting is changed within the system. The user also has the option to send an alarm to a control room or stop the belt from the operating system.
- Belt Positioning - Instead of taking a measuring wheel or trying to locate damage events that do not effect the cover rubber the 24/7 system will park any event or splice in a set maintenance window. This feature saves the mine downtime and allows for quicker belt repair/splicing. The user can also define a set date and time that the belt will park in anticipation of a repair crew coming to site.
- Detailed Reporting - The rEscan 24/7 system can provide numerous types of reports that can be automatically sent to the client hourly, daily, weekly etc. The reports will include Fenner Dunlop’s recommendations in order of priority, detailed belt map, splice condition, anomalies or damage events, conveyor belt cycles, and setting changes. Each report can be compared to prior reports for changing belt conditions.
- The rEscan 24/7 has the capability to integrate into some existing rip detection systems and pull data for reporting purposes from the customer’s rip detection unit